Thursday 23 October 2008

Good Eggs

I left my phone on the bus the other day and I have to say I never doubted I would get it back. In much the same way as a few years ago I left my wallet on the bus with my cards and £40 in and that was returned to with the money intact. This does not appear to be how many people I have mentioned it to felt. Most seem to be staggered at my miraculous good fortune.

I don't honestly get this point of view. I am sure everybody who I spoke to would have handed in the phone so why did they think that whoever found my phone would not hand it in ?

I guess it is down to the commonly repeated view that people, these days (always these days) are horrid and willing to rip you off at the drop of a hat. Well I don't buy that. I think most people are basically good and I have seen nothing to make me feel otherwise. So there.

No comments: