Sunday 9 October 2011

Cousins


Once upon a time I used this blog to talk abbout films I'd seen rather than ranting incoherently. So I thought I'd remedy that.

I watched Cousins the other day. I've seen it before and remembered enjoying it. Of course it doesn't follow that I would enjoy it again. Many times I've rewatched films I loved years ago to find them to be pale imitations of what my memory told me.

Thankfully this film lived up to its expectations. This is due mainly to the utter charm of the leads. Isabella Rossellina is a truly beautiful creation and is ideally suited to this role. Add to that ted Danson not trying to act, but just be charming and its a heady mix. Their chemistry is wonderful and you are absolutely rooting for a happy ending for the two of them.

They are fantastically supported by Sean Young, who is pitch perfect as Danson's younger wife and William Petersen playing a character really without redeeming features very well.

Anyway if you haven't seen it. i wouldn't necessarily tell you to make a beeline for it but its worth watching out for on TV. Two hours very well spent.

No comments: