Wednesday 4 August 2010

Toy Story 3




Since my daughter came along I have seen some real stinker movies. Space Chimps 2 stands out as does Underdog which I managed to dislike even when it had Patrick 'Puddy' Warburton in it. Then there are Pixar films and then there are Toy Story films.

I loved the first two but this one takes me into a whole new level of the stratosphere in admiration. It is so perfectly pitched it seriously makes me want to cry. Not because it is sad or touching. It is definitely touching. There is a scene where all the characters hold hads which...I genuinely think is about as perfect as cinema can get. And I include the heavyweights in that like John Wayne walking out the shack at the end of The Searchers or Michael Corleone discovering Fredo's betrayal in that assertion.

There's little else to say. Just if you haven't seen it, what in all of holy hell are you waiting for. Go now. Seriously look up the times and go. NOW !!!

No comments: