Monday 21 June 2010

Black Death

Went to see this on a whim last week after a tweet from Andy Nyman. It's a good old hokumy tale about the Black Death plague of the 14th century. It features Sean Bean a bloke who reminds me of Jim Dale, an incredibly weak male lead and the wonderful, aforementioned, Andy Nyman.

I am giving it the benefit of the doubt and hoping that it was not meant to be entirely serious as I found it pretty funny. There was a serious point about the utter futility of fundamentalist beliefs and how they destroy any society they touch. But there was also lots of pensive shots of Sean Bean before he tells his comrades to 'prepare, because God has left the horizon' and other silly things.

I enjoyed it tremendously except for the last two minutes which were two of the crappest minutes in cinema I ever hope to sit through.

No comments: